Updates and improvements made to Teslascope this year.
- Fixed an issue causing larger files from TeslaFi exports to fail to upload.
- Fixed an issue causing some boxes on the statistics page to be illegible on Dark Mode.
Changes and Improvements
- We've improved vehicle polling performance by more efficiently handling vehicles with "Scope Mode" enabled.
- When submitting a support request, the previous text will now be restored if any input is invalid (such as forgetting a title).
- Improvements were made to the login and sign up pages to provide a more consistent experience.
- Resolved issues relating to vehicle reminders resulting in a page error.
- Resolved an issue preventing new locations from being created.
- Redesigned the Two-Factor Authentication screen to include a new background and general accessibility improvements.
- The glass-like visual effect behind the navigation bar will now only display on larger resolution devices. It is currently not compatible with some mobile browsers.
- Updated dependencies.
- Updated NPM packages.
- Resolved an issue where the Two-Factor Authentication screen would incorrectly display an error that you provided an incorrect passcode, despite not doing so.
- Resolved an issue where charging costs would not properly save when overridden.
- When manually updating Safety Score data, an alert will now display if we could not request it (no Safety Score tab).
- Resolve an issue preventing account deletion when the thirty-day deactivation window had passed.
- Fixed an issue where the Safety Score page was inaccessible if it hadn't been updated in awhile (> one year).
- Fixed an issue where the vehicle status notice wasn't displaying if a vehicle is asleep.
- Fixed an issue where an empty driving map would appear on the dashboard.
- Updated the Safety Score metrics and calculations to use v1.2.
- Added a way to manually update Safety Score data without having to go on a drive.
- Added a disclaimer that autopilot miles requires either Tesla Insurance or being in the queue for Full Self-Driving (Beta).
- Added a way to self-diagnose and resolve some issues if a 500 page is encountered.
- Added a new variable system that allows for further automation of some commonly used metrics (performance improvement).
- Fixed an issue where the Model 3 section of statistics was displaying incorrectly on Dark Mode.
- Fixed columns relating to recently driving or charging not updating as intended. This resolved a dashboard issue.
- Updated dependencies.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle reminder emails were sent out prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle reminders couldn't be added without a comment (should be optional).
- Fixed an issue preventing vehicle removal if it never finished initializing during onboarding.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles added prior to 2021, and not updated since, resulted in a server error when accessing the dashboard.
- Fixed an occasional issue where Safety Score data was not saving correctly for some vehicles.
- Redesigned the Account Settings area of the service.
- Developer API key access and settings have been reorganized, and can now be found under Security settings.
- Added a new Grayscale appearance option.
- Updated some content relating to The University of Queensland's research program.
- Updated the research program questionnaire and officially reopened the program for Australian residents (at this time).
- Fixed vehicle renders on the leaderboards from appearing incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where modifying/adding vehicle reminders wouldn't reflect changes immediately.
- Fixed an issue where viewing the dashboard (front page) would result in a server error if a member recently joined.
- Applied several fixes relating to premium memberships.
3/10/2023 | Introducing: Teslascope Version 4
This is the largest update we've ever released and includes a trove of new features, quality-of-life changes, and substantial performance improvements.
It is paramount to our vision that we undeniably build the best vehicle companion for all Tesla vehicles. Period. To accomplish this, we revisited every feature of the web service and reworked it from the ground up.
Grab a coffee, as this will take a minute.. or ten. You can view the complete changelog here.